• 1881

    Léon Grosse sets up a small masonry company in Aix-les-Bains (Savoy). The company builds several hotels.

  • 1901

    A forward-thinker, Léon Grosse learns about the Hennebique reinforced concrete system. The company branches out into public works.

  • 1913

    The Pont de la Balme, the first bridge made from reinforced concrete, is built over the Rhône river, spanning 95 metres

  • 1927

    Léon Grosse sets up operations in Paris. The company completes a striking endeavour by building the Salle Pleyel concert hall.

  • 1936

    Pavillon du Tourisme for the Exposition Universelle in Paris.

  • 1941

    Jean Grosse, Léon’s son, takes over as Chairman of the company.

  • 1959

    The company grows on the Department Store construction markets.

  • 1968

    Léon Grosse, Jean’s son, takes the reins of the company, with his brother Bruno as Vice-Chairman.

  • 1969

    The group expands: new branches in Nice, Grenoble and Saint-Étienne are set up.

  • 1977

    A Public Works Department is set up.

  • 1979

    The Beteg branch is set up. In 2015, it became Léon Grosse Grands Projets

  • 1985

    A branch in La Réunion is set up.

  • 1993

    Renovation work is carried out on the Grande Gallery of the Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle in Paris.

  • 1999

    The European Parliament building is built in Strasbourg.

  • 2006

    The Group generates turnover in excess of €500m.

  • 2007

    First group of students graduate from the Léon Grosse School.

  • 2012

    Major projects: Satellite 4 boarding lounge at Charles-de-Gaulle airport and the Jean Bouin Stadium in Paris.

  • 2015

    Bertrand Grosse is appointed Chairman of the Board

  • 2017

    Tatutu Detention Center of Papeari in French Polynesia

  • 2019

    Lionel Christolomme is appointed Chairman of the Board